Associate Scientist/ Scientist
NovaRock Biotherapeutics is a dynamic start-up company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of potentially transformative therapeutics to treat cancer, autoimmune and other diseases. We offer a technologically and scientifically rigorous environment with all the fun and passion that a start-up provides, plus a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits.
We seek a highly motivated and energetic Associate Scientist with a strong scientific background and hands-on lab experience to join our antibody discovery team at the central New Jersey site.
- Implement and execute biochemical and cellular functional assays
- Isolate, differentiate and expand primary immune cells from human blood
- Transient transfection and stable cell clone development
- Participate in developing translational cellular and/or in vivo models for drug mechanism of action studies
- Documents experiments, results, and findings in laboratory notebook; present work at group meetings; drafts SOPs and prepares research reports.
- Maintains instruments, troubleshoots problems, and orders/maintain supplies
- BS or MS in cell biology, immunology, pharmacology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or genetics with 0-3 years of hands-on lab experience
- Experience with in vitro biochemical and cell-based assays
- Experience in GraphPad Prism, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and excellent bench skills a must
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative and fast-paced research environment.