Cell Line Development Associate Scientist/Scientist
NovaRock Biotherapeutics is a dynamic clinical stage biotechnology company based in Ewing, NJ, dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of potentially transformative therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other diseases. We offer a technologically and scientifically rigorous environment with all the passion and excitement that a start-up provides, plus a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. NovaRock is an equal-opportunity employer.
We are seeking a junior level scientist or a recent graduate (BS or MS) to join our Cell Line Development Team. Who will be responsible for the development of production cell lines for the manufacture of biologic drugs to support clinical trials and commercialization.
The core responsibilities include:
- Maintaining of mammalian cell culture and preparation of cell culture media and reagents.
- Performing transfections, cell line selection, clone screening, cell banking, and evaluation and material generation to support early developability assessment
- Monitoring cell culture performance including cell growth, metabolism, and controlling the cell culture environment
- Cell culture in T-flasks, shake flasks, well plates and assisting with the operation of an automated AMBR Bioreactor system
- Assist with maintenance of the lab, including lab organization, equipment maintenance, and ordering of supplies
- With minimal training, perform routine cell culture activities and analysis of data, independently
- Provide updates in the form of presentations, reports, and communications to the project team
- When required, provide support to expression vector construction and sample analysis including product concentration and quality
- Data recording in an electronic notebook in a timely manner and with sufficient details to support regulatory filings, reports, and presentations
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and management to support a variety of company-wide activities and responsibilities
- Expected to follow regulatory and safety compliances as instructed by management
- A BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology or in a related field, with 0-2 years of lab experience
- Understanding of basic principles of molecular and cell biology is required
- Some experience with mammalian cell culture is desired but not required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
- Eager to learn, able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and an excellent team player
Contact: [email protected]Download Application